Now it is time to do some restoration work to the floor. A few areas had a some surface rust. A little sanding and some fresh paint took care of that. Now I had to fill the dozen or so holes in the floor, that were left after the removal of the bench, chairs and… Continue reading Rust and holes.
The rear passenger side wall panel and the narrow panel that covered the brake lights, were easily removed. They were mostly friction fit with a few additional (hidden) plastic plugs. It revealed a substantial amount of regular home insulation material, except for the narrow panel.
Lately I am working on the van, whenever I have an hour available. This time I removed the rear door panels. They were mostly attached with hidden plastic plugs. I’m thinking of slightly enlarging the openings and creating some additional storage area inside the doors.
First thing I noticed was some water damage to the subfloor, which is to be expected after 20 years of use. It will be replaced with a regular ½ inch plywood panel. The wood is attached with a couple of metal screws to the metal floor. The rear 4 feet doesn’t have any insulation at… Continue reading Subfloor removal
Today’s first is the passenger side, large window frame. A fairly simple job, just a lot of screws. I’ll set this frame apart until I have the correct paint to redo it. Now we can see a little of the insulation used, some wire of the valance lighting which will be removed, and the… Continue reading Window frame & seat belts
Lots of planning, designing and redesigning has taken place. Now it is time to do the physical work. Today I started to remove the sofa bed. A quick look showed it was attached with 4 bolts to the car frame. Working alone could have been a problem, but I managed to… Continue reading Time for the Beast